- Inhale directly from the bottle
- Diffuse the oils using a diffuser, which disperses the oil in a micro-fine vapor into the air. The diffuser will not heat the oils, thus ensuring full benefits, as extreme heat can damage important constituents in the oil.
- Use with a humidifier. Sprinkle a few drops of oil on a tissue or small cloth and place in front of the escaping vapor. (Do not put essential oils in your humidifier. The oil will float on top and the water instead of rising with the water vapor, will not be effective, and may damage your humidifier.)
- Carefully pour hot water into the bowl and add a few drops of essential oil. Cover your head and bowl in a tent-like fashion with a towel. Breathe deeply and slowly.
- Carefully tip the oil bottle and place 2-3 drops in the palm of your hand or directly on the desired application area.
- If dropping oil in your hand, rub palms together in a circular motion and then massage oil onto the desired point of application. If applying directly to the desired area, use your hand to massage the oil in a circular motion onto the skin.
- Use one of Young Living’s essential oil roll-ons to attain targeted application.
CAUTION: Essential oils are very potent and some may be irritating to the skin. If irritation occurs, immediately apply Young Living’s V-6 oil or any pure vegetable oil to the area to dilute. Please read individual label directions before using.
(Use Vitality Essential Oils)
- Place several drops into a gelatin capsule and swallow it with water.
- Add 1-2 drops to a glass of water or milk.
- Put 1-2 drops onto a piece of bread or add to your meals when cooking.
- Add 1-2 drops onto a teaspoon of Young Living Blue Agave and swallow.
- Drop directly onto the tongue and swallow. Exercise extreme caution when using this method. Many essential oils are potent and should be tested by pouring a single drop onto a spoon and tasting a small portion to determine the amount of oil to be used.
- IMPORTANT: Only use Pure Therapeutic-grade Essential Oils from Young Living internally.
For more information about individual essential oils check the Essential Oil User’s Guide.
**This information is intended to guide you in essential oil use; however, qualified health professionals may offer additional guidance and should be contacted for disease or serious health conditions.